Gujarat: Fire breaks out at COVID-19 ward of vadodara’s SSG hospital

A fire broke out on Tuesday evening at the state-run SSG Hospital in Vadodara where around 300 coronavirus patients are being treated, Gujarat Health Minister Nitin Patel said.

While 35 patients were evacuated, nobody was injured and the fire was brought under control, he said.

According to an initial investigation, a short circuit in wires in the isolation ward is believed to have started the blaze. No injuries or casualties have been reported yet. Fire fighting officials are the spot evacuating the occupants on stretchers to be shifted to safer places.

Spread the love

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *